This year we are celebrating the 24th year of the “16 Days of Activism Against Gender-Based Violence Campaign“. The 2015 theme is “From Peace in the Home to Peace in the World: Make Education Safe for All”. Our 29 trained Peace Volunteers joined 32 Volunteers of the Justice and Peace Service, Bamenda to raise awareness and stimulate discussions in their communities on this year’s theme.
They are using November 25th to December 10th 2015 in soliciting the engagement of religious leaders, heads of worship places and educational authorities in promoting messages, reflections and actions that promotes sustainable peace at the family, community, region and country level through:
- Sending a messages of reconciliation to someone;
- Sending telephone messages promoting and supporting peace;
- Seeking to mediate between persons or groups in conflicting situations;
- Supporting the needs of a needy and vulnerable children in school;
- Participating in radio call-in programs sharing positive views on peace building;
- Using Facebook, whatsapp and twitter to share messages for peace.