In view of rising youth unemployment and the increasing lack of labour demand, promoting youth entrepreneurship can be a valuable additional strategy to create jobs and improve livelihoods and economic independence of young people.
Therefor COMINSUD organized a 2-days workshop (25./26.02.15) to:
- Strengthen youths’ capacity in entrepreneurial initiatives
- Encourage self-reliance through self-employment initiatives
- Enable youths to gain knowledge on support programs for enterprise development offered by some key government services
After the information from the various delegations the participants presented their own business ideas. All of them were quite interesting and inspiring e.g.
- creating a multipurpose girls empowerment center
- opening a fast food business serving natural juice, tea, coffee and less fatty sandwiches
- selling locally made slippers and employ at least 2 more youths
- provide authentic and scientifically effective standardized herbal products
We look forward to start future activities with these ambitious people!
We thank our financial supporters of the workshop: Ntarinkon Cooperative Credit Union Limited (NTACCUL), Bamenda I council.
We thank also for the technical assistance the Regional Delegations of Youth affairs and civic education NWR, Youth employment and vocational training NWR, Small and medium enterprises, social economy and handicrafts NWR as well as the National Employment Fund (NEF) and the Regional Delegation of trade NWR.